Yakhni Pulao recipe is a Kashmiri tasty recipe dish of rice and meat, where mutton and rice are stewed along in yakhni or tasteful mutton stock. Yakhni pulao may be served with just an easy vegetable raita however you'll be able to go all out.
Servings: 4 People
- 100 grams mutton (बकरे का मांस)
- 200 grams soaked Rice (भीगे चावल)
- 100 grams curd (दही)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder (गरम मसाला पाउडर)
- 2 pieces garlic flakes (खड़ा लहसुन)
- 1 piece ginger (अदरक)
- 1 piece chopped onion (कटा हुआ प्याज) Large
- 4 pieces green chilies (हरी मिर्च)
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 2 pieces egg (अंडा)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 2 tablespoon butter (मक्खन)
- Wash the mutton properly.
- Cut into pieces.
- Grind garlic flakes and ginger to make a paste.
- Mix ginger garlic paste, Garam Masala, curd, 1/2 liter water and salt with mutton.
- Boil it for 5 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- Fry onions and green chilies in oil till it turns brown.
- Mix the mutton stock obtained from the final washing of the mutton pieces to the soaked rice.
- Boil it till it gets half cooked.
- Now add boiled mutton pieces and salt to half cooked rice.
- Cook it till it gets cooked properly.
- Adorn with boiled eggs or green chilies.