Dalgona Coffee is a South Korean recipe and became one of the most trending recipes over the internet. When I saw its video, I was amazed as it is similar to Indian Beaten Coffee.
Dalgona coffee is delicious but also very strong. Thus if you prefer to have a strong coffee flavor today this recipe is for you. But it would be best if you had either an electric whisk or a strong arm to prepare a nice foamy and creamy consistency. I am saying this because it needs around 12-15 minutes of constant beating to get a foamy, smooth, creamy consistency Dalgona fluff.
So, after all that beating and whisking, you’ll be rewarded with a glass of cold, creamy coffee. This recipe makes enough Dalgona fluff for 1 or 2 servings, depending on how much caffeine you want. It’s delicious, but it has powerful caffeine flovour, drink at your own risk!
Below are few tips a make a perfect Dalgona Coffee:
Tips to make Dalgona Coffee
Coffee Foam: Do not reduce the sugar in the recipe to achieve a foamy and creamy consistency. If you want, you can add more. It is the sugar that contributes to the creaminess.
Hot water: When whipping the coffee, add hot water. The water must be boiling. You won’t get that creamy consistency if you do not use boiling water. Pour in the amount of water specified in the recipe. Don’t add anything else.
Sugar: Any granulated sugar will do. You should use white sugar or unrefined cane sugar. However, sugar powder or sweeteners such as maple syrup, honey, coconut sugar, or dates syrup will result in a nice foamy and creamy consistency. Thus granulated sugar is the only option.
Coffee: Only use instant coffee; no other type of coffee will give you the desired result.
Preparing Dalgona fluff:
- Use two types of beating when whipping the coffee mixture.
- Beat clockwise first, then use vertical zig-zag motions.
- Switchback and forth between the two.
Here is the complete recipe:
Whipped Coffee | Korean Dalgona Coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder (कॉफी पाउडर)
- 3 tablespoons sugar (चीनी)
- 2 tablespoons hot boiling water (गर्म उबलता हुआ पानी)
- 1.5 cups milk (दूध) at room temperature or chilled
- ice-cubes (बर्फ के टुकड़े) - as required, optional
- ¼ teaspoon cocoa powder (कोको पाउडर) - optional
How To Make Dalgona Coffee Recipe Step by Step
- Using a whisk, beat the mixture.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon instant coffee and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- In it, pour 2 tablespoons of hot, boiling water.
- Mix, then using a whisk or a hand mixer, vigorously whisk until the mixture turns silky-smooth and shiny.
- Then, use two methods to beat this shiny coffee mixture. Firstly, beat it clockwise, then use vertical zig-zag motions—switch back and forth between the two. If the bowl is small, tilt it slightly and beat.
- After beating the coffee for 12-15 minutes, you will achieve the final foamy whipped consistency, similar to whipped cream. Further, the color will also become light.
Whipping in a Blender or Mixer
- To make it faster, combine the coffee, hot water, and sugar in a small mixer-grinder or blender jar. Blend until the mixture is creamy.
Making Dalgona Coffee
- In two mugs or glasses, place 2 to 3 ice cubes (optional). Pour 1.5 cups of cold milk into each glass. If you are using chilled cold milk, you can skip the ice cubes.
- Place a dollop of the creamy whipped coffee on top.
- On top of it, sprinkle some cocoa powder. Serve your guests or after stirring, take a sip. Have fun!
Keywords: whipped coffee without sugar, whipped coffee without instant coffee, whipped coffee tiktok, whipped coffee calories, whipped coffee keto, whipped coffee dessert, whipped coffee with espresso, whipped coffee in blender