Recipe of Thekua
Thekua recipe is a popular sweet snack from Bihari and Bengali Cuisine. These are very good breakfast or brunch recipe. It is very durable and can be easily stored for a fortnight in an airtight container.
Servings: 20 pieces
- 2 cup whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा)
- 1/2 cup semolina (सूजी)
- 1/2 cup sugar (चीनी)
- 1/2 cup jaggery powder (गुड़ पाउडर)
- clarified butter (घी) or refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल) for Moyen
- 1/4 teaspoon green cardamom powder (छोटी इलायची पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (सौंफ)
- 1/2 cup chopped dry coconut (कटा हुआ सूखा नारियल)
- refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल) for frying
- Slice jaggery in ½ cup of water and leave for 10 mins to dissolve it and make a syrup of a watery consistency.
- Mix cardamom powder, fennel, sugar, and chopped dry coconut in flour and semolina. Then add ghee for Maoyen and rub it well with hands. Then mix jaggery solution along with it and knead it into a stiff dough.
- Make small dough balls from this dough. Press each dough ball with your palm and give it a shape of a biscuit, and keep it on a plate.
- After you have shaped all the dough balls then heat oil in a pan. When the oil turns hot fry them on low flame till it becomes brown.
- After cooling, it will turn crispy and you will see caramelized sugar on its surface.
- After it comes in room temperature, keep it in an airtight container. Or eat and serve.