Shahi Kofta is formed in a very thick creamy gravy made of ground cashew around the bend, onion, tomato etc. Shahi Kofta traces it origin to the Mughlai cookery. At home, Shahi Paneer Kofta is mostly a dish for special occasions. It's slightly crisp from outside & very soft from within.
Servings: 6 People
- 250 grams potato (आलू)
- 250 grams tomato (टमाटर)
- 1 cup boiled peas (उबला हुआ मटर)
- 1 tablespoon onion paste (प्याज का पेस्ट)
- 1.5 cups cooked rice (पके हुए चावल)
- 1 cup grated coconut (कसा हुआ नारियल)
- 1 cup curd (दही)
- oil (तेल) for Deep Fry
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 2 tablespoon butter (मक्खन)
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream (ताजा क्रीम)
- 12 pieces cashew nut (काजू)
- 7 pieces almond (बादाम)
- 15 pieces raisins (किशमिश)
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- 2 tablespoon ginger-chili Paste (अदरक-मिर्च का पेस्ट)
- 150 grams Indian cottage cheese (पनीर)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1 cup water (पानी)
How to Make Shahi Kofta
- Grind the tomatoes and keep aside.
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Add cooked rice, coriander leaves, ginger-chili paste, salt and grated coconut to the mashed potatoes. Knead and divide into 12 portions and make rounds.
- Chop the cashew nuts and almonds finely.
- Add raisins and chopped nuts to Paneer/cottage cheese and make 10 rounds.
- Now press the potato rounds and stuff in the Paneer rounds. Seal them properly and make rounds.
- Deep fry them in oil and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Sauté the onion paste till golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and sauté till the oil starts separating.
- Add 1 cup water and let it boil. Add the boiled peas and let the gravy boil for 5 minutes.
- Add the beaten curd and put off the flame.
- Mix properly and add the koftas.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.