Sattu paratha is that the traditional parantha recipe from bihar. Protein rich sattu in a stuffed paratha, pan-fried flatbread with a spicy roasted gram masala filling is quite simple to prepare recipe. The best thing regarding this dish is that it's both tasty and healthy. Learn this yummy, tangy paratha which will tantalize your taste buds.
- 150GramsGrams Roasted Gram Flour (सत्तू / भुने हुए चने का आटा )
- 1PcsChopped Onion ( कटा हुआ प्याज ) – large and fine chopped
- 1/2TbspCarom seeds (अजवाइन )
- 2PcsChopped Green Chili ( कटा हुआ हरी मिर्च )
- 1InchCrushed Ginger ( कुचला हुआ अदरक )
- 4PcsGarlic Cloves ( लहसुन का लौंग ) – Finely Chopped
- 4-5DropsLemon juice ( नींबू का रस )
- 1TbspMustard oil ( सरसों का तेल )
- 1/2TbspRed Chili Pickle with Oil (लाल मिर्च का अचार तेल के साथ)
- 1/2TbspChopped fresh Coriander Leaves ( ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती )
- 3-4TbspClarified Butter ( घी )
- 2 CupWheat Flour ( गेहूं का आटा )
- Salt to taste ( नमक स्वाद अनुसार )
- Water ( पानी ) – enough to bind the dough
To prepare stuffing - filter Grams Roasted Gram Flour and keep in a utensil.
Now mix Grams Roasted Gram Flour, finely chopped Onion, Carom seeds, Chopped Green Chili, Crushed Ginger, Finely Chopped Garlic Cloves, Mustard oil,4-5 Drops Lemon juice, Red Chilli Pickle with Oil, Chopped fresh Coriander Leaves and salt in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using enough water. Keep it aside for filling.
Combine the whole wheat flour, oil, carom seeds and salt in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using enough water. Keep it aside for 20 Minutes.
Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and make lump from the dough.
Roll out the lump into a 3 to 3.5 inch diameter; dusting it using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
Place a portion of stuffing in the center of the circle.
Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
Roll again into a circle of 6 to 6.5 inch diameter circle and around ¼ centimeter thick; dusting it using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. (Never roll out the paratha’s too thin)
Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, when there is slight change in the color of paratha on the surface, flip the side. Turn the paratha and flip on the other side as well. Press down the paratha a little and roast until it gets brown spots. When the paratha is roasted well, take it off from tawa and apply Ghee on both side.
Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make rest parathas.
Serve hot with any pickle or Eggplant Mash ( बैंगन का भरता )