Onion paratha or pyaaz Ka paratha prepared with this recipe is delicious. Onion Paratha is a easy, everyday recipe that's yet a wonderful treat for the taste buds. Learn Onion Paratha - whole wheat bread with onion, cilantro, a lot of spices and pickle masala!
Servings: 4 People
- 1 piece chopped onion (कटा हुआ प्याज) – large and fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chili (कटा हुआ हरी मिर्च)
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala powder (गरम मसाला पाउडर)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- 2 cups wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा)
- 1 tablespoon refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल)
- 1/2 tablespoon carom seeds (अजवाइन)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- water (पानी) – enough to bind the dough
How to make Pyaz Paratha
- Mix fine chopped Onion, Garam Masala Powder, Chopped fresh Coriander Leaves and Chopped Green Chili together.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil, carom seeds and salt in a deep bowl to the above mixture and knead it into soft dough using enough water. Keep it aside for 20 Minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and make lump from the dough.
- Roll out lump into a circle of 6 to 6.5 inch diameter circle and around ¼ centimeter thick; dusting it using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. (Never roll out the paratha’s too thin)
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, when there is slight change in the color of paratha on the surface, flip the side. Turn the paratha and apply some oil and flip to apply oil on the other side as well. Press down the paratha a little and roast until it gets brown spots. When the paratha is roasted well, take it off from tawa.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make rest parathas.
- Serve hot with any pickle.