Dosa Recipe- Paper Dosa recipe
Paper Dosa recipe (crispy, savory pancakes) from South India. You can have plain Dosa with Sambhar for lunch, dinner or breakfast on a vacation. It is consumed along with Sambhar, Coconut Indian relish, Groundnuts Chutney. Let us begin preparing Dosa.
Servings: 4 People
- 2 cups rice (चावल)
- 1 cup black gram (उड़द दाल)
- water (पानी) for grinding the batter
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- oil (तेल) for shallow frying
- Wash and soak the rice and Udad Dal separately for 6-8 hours.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Grind the Urad Dal to a thick consistency, adding water.
- You will know when to stop when you see the batter bubbling up a little.
- Now grind the rice.
- Mix the two batters stirring clockwise and anti-clockwise.
- Add salt and cover. Leave it to ferment overnight.
- Stir well, add water if the batter is too thick. Add salt if required.
- Prepare the non-stick pan by heating it.
- Grease the pan with a little oil.
- Spread the batter evenly on the pan.
- Cook the Dosa till one side is crisp and brown.
- Fold and serve hot with chutney and Sambhar.