Paneer Bhurji recipe is a vegetarian alternative to scrambled egg recipes. This scrambled Indian cottage cheese cooked is with onion and tomato. It is a perfect recipe to have with chapati or Paratha recipe. A quick and easy yet healthy recipe for breakfast or dinner.
Most of the Paneer Bhurji is cooked only with tomato and onion. But I also prefer to add capsicum and carrot in it. These additions give this regular recipe a unique blend. You also try to add capsicum and carrot in this recipe. I am sure your family will love it.
So, let us start our Paneer Bhurji recipe.
Paneer Bhurji Recipe
Preparation for Paneer Bhurji
- 250 grams Indian cottage cheese (पनीर)
- 1/2 pieces finely chopped onion (बारीक कटा हुआ प्याज़) medium size
- 1/2 piece thinly sliced tomato (पतले कटे हुए टमाटर) medium size
- 2 inch piece of grated carrot (कद्दूकस की हुई गाजर)
- 1/2 piece finely chopped capsicum (शिमला मिर्च बारीक कटी हुई) medium size
- 1 piece finely chopped green chili (बारीक कटी हुई हरी मिर्च)
- 1 tablespoon oil (तेल)
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (अदरक का पेस्ट)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1/3 teaspoon garam masala powder (गरम मसाला पाउडर)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
Preparation for Paneer Bhurji Recipe
- Crumble or grate the paneer and set it aside in a bowl.
- Finely chop half of the medium size tomato and half of the medium size onion. And keep them in separate bowls
- Also, finely chop half of the medium-size capsicum and do keep it in a separate bowl. Finely chop a green chili and keep it ready.
- Grate a 2-inch size carrot and do keep it in a separate bowl.
How to Make Paneer Bhurji
- To cook Paneer Bhurji heat oil or ghee in a deep pan over medium flame. Let the oil or ghee smoke slightly. Then add the cumin seeds and let it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Then add 1/2 pieces of finely chopped onion and fry it till its color changes lightly. Then add finely chopped green chilies, ginger paste mix and fry for 2-3 minutes until the onions turn golden.
- Then add salt and finely chopped tomatoes, and turmeric powder, cook for 2-3 minutes. Until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Now add grated carrot and finely chopped capsicum, stir and fry it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Then add the grated paneer in this mixture. Fry it stirring occasionally. Fry till most the moisture gets evaporated from the paneer, and you can see oil on the edges of the paneer.
- Now add garam masala powder and a tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander leaves in it. Mix it well and close the flame.
- Your quick and easy Paneer Bhurji is ready to serve with Chapati or Plain Paratha.