The palak paratha or spinach paratha is a tasty nutritious Indian bread. It's a wonderful recipe to include green in your diet particularly for kids who don't like green. Palak paratha is an addition to the paratha varieties which may be created for breakfast. Let us begin preparing this excellent nutritious paratha.
Servings: 4 People
- 200 Grams spinach (पालक का साग )
- 1 Pinch asafoetida (हींग)
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger paste (अदरक का पेस्ट)
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 2 Pcs chopped green chili (कटा हुआ हरी मिर्च)
- 2 Cups wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा)
- 2 Tbsp refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- water (पानी) – enough to bind the dough
How to Make Palak Paratha
- Wash the Spinach twice with water thoroughly and place them in a sieve until dry. Now chop them finely.
- Take some flour in a bowl and to it add spinach, cumin seeds, ginger paste, salt, and 2 tbsp oil. Mix everything really well. Now add water in small portions and knead it into a stiff dough. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 minutes to set.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and make a lump from the dough.
- Roll again into a circle of 5 to 6-inch diameter circle and around a ¼ centimeter thick; dusting it using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. (Never roll out the paratha’s too thin)
- Heat non-stick Tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, when there is a slight change in the color of paratha on the surface, flip the side. Turn the paratha and apply some oil and flip to apply oil on the other side as well. Press down the paratha a little and roast until it gets brown spots. When the paratha is roasted well, take it off from Tawa.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make rest parathas.
- Serve hot with any pickle.