Murgh Musallam is a common chicken dish in India and Pakistan , it means ‘whole chicken’, therefore it stands to reason that the recipe calls for a full chicken to be marinade in a variety of spices and then cooked. Learn the way to create a unique Whole Chicken recipe, murg musallam recipe. Create this delicious, chicken recipe at your home.
- 10PcsGarlic Flakes ( खड़ा लहसुन )crushed
- 2tbspFinely Chopped Ginger (बारीक़ कटा हुआ अदरक )
- Salt to taste ( नमक स्वाद अनुसार )
- 1cupCurd ( दही )or plain yogurt
- 1tbspLemon Juice ( नींबू का रस )
- 1Pcswhole chicken ( पूरा मुर्ग )
- 1cupBasmati rice ( बासमती चावल )
- 3/4cupGreen Peas ( हरा मटर )
- 6PcsBay leaf ( तेज पत्ता )
- 1cupClarified Butter ( घी )
- 2PcsOnion ( प्याज )large size, finely chopped
- 225GramsTomato ( टमाटर )peeled & sliced
- 2cupsLukewarm Water ( गुनगुना पानी )
- 3tbspChopped fresh Coriander Leaves ( ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती )
- Mix three-quarter of garlic with half the ginger, half the garam masala, 1 tbsp. salt, 1/3rd of turmeric, half of curd and the lemon juice and mix to paste.
- Make small cuts in the chicken flesh and rub the paste all over and in the cavity. keep aside for 2 hours.
- Half cook the rice with peas, remaining garlic , 4 cloves, peppercorns, 1/2 tsp. salt, brown cardamom and 4 bay leaves and water and use to stuff chicken.
- Heat the ghee in saucepan and fry the chicken until brown all over, being careful not to let the stuffing out. Drain the chicken.
- In another pan fry half onions in the remaining ghee with 2 bay leaves, remaining cloves and green cardamoms, until golden.
- Add the remaining turmeric and chili powder. Make a paste grinding together the coriander and cumin seeds and the remaining onion and grated ginger.
- Cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until the ghee starts to separate. add the remaining curd, the tomato and 1/2 tsp. salt.
Add the chicken to the pan and baste with the spice mixture. Pour over 300ml/ 1.25 cups of water, cover and cook in a moderately hot oven (200 degree centigrade, 400 degree Fahrenheit, gas mark 6) for 1 hour.
- Steep the saffron in the remaining garam masala powder and coriander leaves before serving murgh musallam.