Murgh Musallam is a common chicken dish in India and Pakistan , it means ‘whole chicken’, therefore it stands to reason that the recipe calls for a full chicken to be marinade in a variety of spices and then cooked. Learn the way to create a unique Whole Chicken recipe, murg musallam recipe. Create this delicious, chicken recipe at your home.
Servings: 4 People
- 10 pieces garlic flakes (खड़ा लहसुन) crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger (बारीक़ कटा हुआ अदरक)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1 cup curd (दही) or plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (नींबू का रस)
- 1 piece whole chicken (पूरा मुर्ग)
- 1 cup basmati rice (बासमती चावल)
- 3/4 cup green peas (हरा मटर)
- 6 pieces bay leaf (तेज पत्ता)
- 1 cup clarified butter (घी)
- 2 pieces onion (प्याज) large size, finely chopped
- 225 grams tomato (टमाटर) peeled & sliced
- 2 cups lukewarm water (गुनगुना पानी)
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- Mix three-quarter of garlic with half the ginger, half the garam masala, 1 tbsp. salt, 1/3rd of turmeric, half of curd and the lemon juice and mix to paste.
- Make small cuts in the chicken flesh and rub the paste all over and in the cavity. keep aside for 2 hours.
- Half cook the rice with peas, remaining garlic , 4 cloves, peppercorns, 1/2 tsp. salt, brown cardamom and 4 bay leaves and water and use to stuff chicken.
- Heat the ghee in saucepan and fry the chicken until brown all over, being careful not to let the stuffing out. Drain the chicken.
- In another pan fry half onions in the remaining ghee with 2 bay leaves, remaining cloves and green cardamoms, until golden.
- Add the remaining turmeric and chili powder. Make a paste grinding together the coriander and cumin seeds and the remaining onion and grated ginger.
- Cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes, until the ghee starts to separate. add the remaining curd, the tomato and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Add the chicken to the pan and baste with the spice mixture. Pour over 300ml/ 1.25 cups of water, cover and cook in a moderately hot oven (200 degree centigrade, 400 degree Fahrenheit, gas mark 6) for 1 hour.
- Steep the saffron in the remaining garam masala powder and coriander leaves before serving murgh musallam.