This is a regal dish, Mughlai Chicken Biryani is fit for a king and a relish for many people. This recipe combines special ingredients in the Mughlai style of cooking – when you have a company, then it is a complete one-consonant.
Chicken Biryani is not only delicious food. A layer of rice with spicy chicken in the Mughal style layer is an opportunity. I prefer using chicken with bones for Mughlai chicken biryani. It tastes better when soaked in gravy and cooked along with the rice.
Mughlai Chicken Biryani
- 700 gram chicken (मुर्गे का माँस)
- 2 cup basmati rice (बासमती चावल)
- 4 pieces chopped onion (कटा हुआ प्याज)
- 4 pieces Indian bay leaf (तेज पत्ता)
- 4 pieces black cardamom (बड़ी इलायची)
- 3-4 pieces green cardamom (छोटी इलायची)
- 1/2 inch piece cinnamon (दालचीनी)
- 3-4 pieces cloves (लौंग)
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 1 pinch nutmeg powder (जायफल पाउडर)
- 1/6 teaspoon ground mace (पिसी जावित्री)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns (काली मिर्च के दाने)
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 5 pieces green chilies (हरी मिर्च)
- 20 gram अदरक
- 16 flakes garlic cloves (लहसुन का लौंग)
- 2 teaspoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- 2 pieces chopped tomato (कटा हुआ टमाटर)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1 teaspoon saffron (केसर) soaked in 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 cup whisked curd (फेटा हुआ दही)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (वनस्पति तेल)
To Marinade Chicken
- Grind ginger, garlic, nutmeg, mace, cumin seeds, cardamom brown, cardamom green, cinnamon, black peppercorn, cloves, tomatoes in a paste.
- Rub the ground paste in chicken, add turmeric powder, salt, curd and mix well and keep aside for 1 hour.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil for about 5 minutes, split the onion into 2 batches, fry it with 3/4 teaspoon salt, until the onion turns golden brown and crisp, onion on a strain Remove, to extract excess oil, slice it. Mix with fried onions and spicy chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan for about 5 minutes, add marinated chicken, coriander powder, chilli powder and 1 cup water.
- Soak the rice in water for 15 minutes. Add 3 cups of water for 2 cups of rice separately, along with some cardamom brown and green, cumin, cloves, cinnamon leaf, salt and cinnamon stick (2 each)
- Cook the rice until it breaks while pressing hands. After cooking, remove the rice and spread it on a plate or large pan.
- In the oven-proof dish, add 2 tbsp ghee. Place a layer of cooked rice after a layer of chicken. Place a layer of fried onions, repeat the layers of cooked rice and then finish with a layer of chicken and a layer of rice. Sprinkle some ghee, saffron, fried onions and mint and on the last layer of rice.
- Please place it in an oven and bake it for 15 minutes or until the top is brown. In the stove case, you can keep it on low flame and boil for 15 minutes.
- Now the chicken biryani is ready and serves hot with yoghurt.
- Enjoy Chicken Biryani !!