Methi paratha recipe, methi ka paratha, fenugreek paratha recipe is a shallow cooked traditional Indian flatbread. Fenugreek leaves or methi leaves are superb for health as they're wealthy in antioxidants, iron and also a decent supply of dietary fiber. Learn methi paratha recipe step by step...
Servings: 4 People
- 250 grams greek clover (मेथी का साग)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (हींग)
- 1 inch crushed ginger (कुचला हुआ अदरक)
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 2 pieces chopped green chili (कटा हुआ हरी मिर्च)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (गेहूं का आटा)
- 1/2 cup gram flour (बेसन)
- 1 tablespoon refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- water (पानी) – enough to bind the dough
How to Make Methi Paratha
- Wash the Greek Clover leaves twice with water thoroughly and place them in a sieve until dry. Now chop them finely.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oil, asafetida, Cumin Seeds, Gram Flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead it into a soft dough using enough water. Keep it aside for 20 Minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and make a lump from the dough.
- Roll into a circle of 6 to 6.5-inch diameter circle and around ¼ centimeter thick; dusting it using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. (Never roll out the paratha’s too thin).
- Heat non-stick Tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, when there is a slight change in the color of paratha on the surface, flip the side. Turn the paratha and apply some oil and flip to apply oil on the other side as well. Press down the paratha a little and roast until it gets brown spots. When the paratha is roasted well, take it off from the Tawa.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make rest parathas.
- Serve hot with any pickle.