What is Masala Omelette?
Masala Omelette recipe is a quick and easy breakfast recipe. This is an easy and best masala omelet recipe to cook. You can have it alone or with toasted bread or Chapati. Masala omelet ingredients include eggs and easily available vegetables. To keep it quick and simple I use onion, tomato, coriander leaves, and some spices.
If you want it to turn into a more tasty masala omelet recipe. Then you can also add cheese, sausages, mushrooms, etc. in it. Although I use simple spices like red chili powder and turmeric powder. But you can make it spicier using garam masala powder. If you like tangy flavor then add Pav Bhaji Masala, Maggi Masala or Chaat Masala in it.
How to make yummy masala omelet?
To prepare omelet with sausages or mushrooms saute them first. For this add onion and ginger garlic paste in a frying pan. Fry the onions till they become translucent. Now add tomatoes and salt, cook till it turns mushy. Add masala of your choice (garam masala/Maggi masala/ chaat masala). Fry the masala till its raw aroma goes away. Then add sausages or mushroom and fry until they are well done. Your yummy masala is ready!
Now pour this masala in the whisked egg. Give it a good mix to prepare your sausages or mushroom omelet. These ingredients add new flavor to your simple masala Omelet.
Here is the quick, easy and delicious masala omelet that I prepare generally at home.
Masala Omelette Recipe
- 3 egg (अंडा)
- 2 tablespoon refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल)
- 1 tablespoon refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल)
- 1-2 finely chopped green chili (बारीक काटी हुई हरी मिर्च)
- 1 medium-size finely chopped onion (प्याज़ बारीक कटा हुआ)
- 1 medium-size thinly sliced tomato (पतले कटे हुए टमाटर)
- 1/4 medium-size finely chopped capsicum (शिमला मिर्च बारीक कटी हुई)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 2 tablespoon mozzarella cheese (मोत्ज़ारेला पनीर या पिज़्ज़ा चीज़)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
Cooking Masala for Omelette
- To prepare Indian Masala Omelette we need to prepare the masala first. For this add 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan and heat it over medium flame.
- Once the oil turns hot, lower the flame and add chopped green chilies sauté it lightly then add chopped onions in it.
- Turn the flame to medium again and fry the onions till they are translucent. Then add chopped tomatoes in it and sauté till they turn soft and mushy. It will take around 2 minutes.
- Now, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt to taste in it, stir and mix them well.
- Sprinkle some water to avoid the burning of spices in the mixture. Fry stirring, till the oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Then add a pinch of sugar to remove the sour taste of tomato, mix it well. Further, add chopped capsicum in it and fry for a moment.
- Switch off the gas stove. Transfer the mixture over a plate and allow the mixture to cool down.
How to make Indian Masala Omelette
- To prepare the omelet, break the eggs in a bowl. Add salt to taste. Remember, we have also added salt in the masala too. Then beat the eggs well.
- Add the prepared masala mixture in the eggs. Whisk it very well to form a smooth mixture.
- Then to it, add chopped fresh coriander leaves and again give a good mix. Add 2 tablespoon of grated mozzarella cheese in it and mix it again.
- Now, heat 2 tablespoon oil in a nonstick pan over medium flame. Once the oil starts to smoke, pour the mixture on the pan and spread it evenly.
- Then switch the flame to low, cover it with a lid and cook for two to three minutes until eggs are cooked.
- Your Indian Masala Omelette is ready. Slide the omelet on a serving plate and serve it hot with bread toast. Or eat it with tomato sauce or green chutney and vegetable salad.
How to serve masala omelet?
In India and Pakistan, this omelet is popular street food. In the streets, they serve it with Green Chutney and some salad. You can consume it at breakfast or brunch.
I also prepare a masala omelet sandwich with this recipe. Masala omelet curry is another recipe that I prepare. I serve masala omelet curry with chapatti or Paratha.
This omelet also goes very well with toast or bread. My husband loves to have this omelet, with crispy paratha. He puts lots of tomato ketchup over this masala omelet and consumes it in breakfast.