Spiced Tea Recipe
Spiced Tea or Masala chai, is an easy, authentic version of the drink, made up from scratch with milk and spices. Combine some exotic flavor into your day with our spiced teas!Every home has its own tea recipe based on their personal preference, choice and taste. Some love strong tea some with extra milk or sugar. Masala chai is among one of the favorite drinks in monsoon and winter. It is also believed that it keeps body warm and cleans the blocked sinus.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 cups water (पानी)
- 3/4 cup milk (दूध) or as desired
- 1 inch ginger (अदरक)
- 2 teaspoon tea leaves (चाय पत्ती) or as desired
- 2 to 3 teaspoon sugar (चीनी) or as desired
masala for tea
- 1 tablespoon green cardamom (छोटी इलायची)
- 1/2 tablespoon cloves (लौंग)
- 2 inch cinnamon stick (दालचीनी)
- 1/4 tablespoon fennel seeds (सौंफ)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon peppercorns (काली मिर्च के दाने) -
- 1/2 piece nutmeg (जायफल) - optional
- 2 petals star anise (चक्र फूल) - optional
for making masala
- Break open the nutmeg and check worms. Clean all the spices and shell the green cardamoms.
- Add all spices to blender and coarsely grind it.
- Store the masala in sun dried, air tight jar.
for making tea
- Crush the ginger and keep it aside.
- Put water in a saucepan, add crushed ginger, 1/2 tea spoon of chai masala and bring to boil.
- When the water starts boiling put tea leaves into it and let the color and essence of tea come in water.
- Stir in the tea leaves and continue to cook over a moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the milk and sugar and boil 2-3 minutes, remove from the heat.
- Strain in cup and serve piping hot along with snacks and/or biscuits