Lady Finger Pickle
Achaari Bhindi is a sweet and spicy homemade pickle recipe. Okra or bhindi is seasoned with fine Indian spices and given a smooth touch of mustard. Lady Finger Pickle is an instant recipe for you to be tried with hot parathas!
Servings: 10 Serving
- 25 pieces ladyfinger (भिन्डी)
- 1 cup lemon juice (नींबू का रस)
- 4 teaspoon salt (नमक)
- 2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (मेथी दाना)
- 2 teaspoon red chilies (लाल मिर्च)
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder (सरसों का पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (हींग)
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 8 teaspoon salt (नमक) for masala
- curry leaves (करी पत्ते)
How to Make Lady Finger Pickle
- Remove the ends, head, and tail of each Ladyfinger and slit on one side.
- Mix salt with all the ground spices and wet with a little juice.
- Fill the spices in the Ladyfingers.
- Heat the oil and fry curry leaves and asafoetida for one minute.
- Remove from the fire, put Ladyfingers and the rest of the lemon juice and 4 teaspoons salt.
- Cook till it boils.
- Cool, put an airtight jar.
- Keep it for 3 days, then serve.