Indian Egg Curry Recipe
Egg being a fantastic source of protein are often used to create several delicious dishes. Egg curry makes for an excellent food. This recipe from North Indian is absolutely easy to place along with rice, biryani, pulao, roti, chapathi or plain paratha.
Servings: 2 People
- 4 pieces hard boiled egg (पूरी तरह उबले अंडे)
- 1 piece onion (प्याज)
- 1/2 piece tomato (टमाटर) pureed
- 3-4 pieces garlic flakes (खड़ा लहसुन)
- 1 inch ginger (अदरक)
- 2-3 pieces green chilies (हरी मिर्च)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर) to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala powder (गरम मसाला पाउडर)
- 2-3 tablespoon vegetable oil (वनस्पति तेल) or ghee
- 1 cup green peas (हरा मटर)
- 250 grams Indian cottage cheese (पनीर)
How to Make Indian Egg Curry
- Remove the shell of boiled eggs & keep aside. If using Paneer cut into cubes and fry till golden & set aside for later use.
- Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a mixer or chopper.
- Heat oil in a kadhi or wok and add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown
- Add all the spices (salt, turmeric, coriander & chili powder) except garam masala and fry for a minute and add tomato puree. Fry till it starts leaving oil.
- Add a cup of water and cook till its dry.
- Now add the fried paneer cubes or green peas (which ever using) and boiled eggs.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish egg curry with garam masala and coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha, roti or rice.