We make a variety of Green Chutney from coriander or cilantro leaves. The recipe that I am sharing with you today is a Green Chutney for chaat recipes. This spicy tangy coriander garlic chutney makes your chaat recipe spurious.
This Hari Chutney is quick and easy to prepare a recipe. You can make this recipe within 20 minutes. This must go side dish for your Samosa, Kachori, Aloo Chaat, Bhel Puri, and Pakora, etc. This not only enhances the flavor of any Chat recipe. But its main ingredient coriander has numerous health advantages too.
Health Advantages of Green Chutney:
Coriander improves liver functions and bowel movements. Thus is good for the digestive system. The addition of black rock salt in this Green Chutney recipe further helps digestion.
High amounts of iron in coriander helps in is curing anemia.
Coriander stimulates insulin secretion. Thus is good for diabetes patients.
Anti-septic properties of coriander help in curing mouth ulcers.
Leaves of coriander promote the nervous system. Further Vitamin K in it is good for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
Coriander has anti-inflammatory properties. Thus is good for diseases like arthritis.
A quick and easy Hari Chutney makes any chaat delish. Make this healthy coriander chutney every day to serve as a side dish.
Now as you are now aware of the advantages of coriander. So, from now I will recommend you to prepare a coriander chutney every day.
Coriander can be blended with many ingredients. I prepare a simple green chutney like this recipe without using ginger in it. This simple chutney I prefer to serve every day along with the salad. I also use this simple coriander chutney as a spread for my sandwich recipes.
For now, let us prepare a spicy tangy green chutney for chaat.
Green Chutney Recipe
- 2 cup fresh coriander leaves (ताजा धनिया पत्ती)
- 2 pieces of green chilies (हरी मिर्च)
- ½ inch piece of ginger (अदरक)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (नींबू का रस) or dry mango powder (आमचूर पाउडर)
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin seed's powder (भुना हुआ जीरा पाउडर)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder (चाट मसाला पाउडर) or as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon black rock salt (काला नमक) or as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार) or as per taste
- water (पानी)
Preparation for Chutney Green
- Remove coriander leaves from the stem (tender stems are fine but if stems are stringy, then discard those stems) and wash leaves very well in running water.
How to Make Green Chutney
- Add coriander leaves to a blender jar, blend little so that the coriander leaves sit down at the base of the jar.
- Now, add green chilies, garlic cloves, roasted cumin seed's powder, lemon juice and water in the same jar. Close the cover and blend all the chutney ingredients to a smooth consistency.
- Your Green chutney is ready to serve.
- Serve immediately with any chaat recipe