Garlic Coriander Naan
Garlic Coriander Naan is a Indian flat bread - Naan topped with garlic and coriander and baked in oven to form a delicious naan. Get the complete recipe here for our Garlic and Coriander Naan Bread, the classic curry accompaniment.
Servings: 3 People
- 2 ½ cups refined flour (मैदा)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds (सरसों)
- 4 tablespoon roasted & powdered sesame seeds (भुना हुआ तिल पाउडर)
- 1 tablespoon lemon (नींबू) or Ghee ( घी )
- 3 tablespoon honey (शहद)
- 3-4 tablespoon butter (मक्खन) for brushing
- 1 tablespoon nigella (कलौंजी)
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- Sift the flour and salt together into a large bowl. In a smaller bowl.
- Cream the yeast with yogurt. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the yeast mixture to the flour with the melted butter or ghee and add the chopped garlic, nigella, chopped coriander and honey mixing to a soft dough.
- Tip out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with lightly oiled clear film (plastic wrap) and leave to rise, in a warm place, for 45 minutes or until the dough has doubled in bulk.
- Lightly roll the dough on flour, cover the dough and let it sit for around 5 minutes
- Divide into 3 equal pieces and roll the naan one at a time on a lightly floured surface about ¼ " thick.
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting at least 230 degree Celsius/450 degree Fahrenheit. Place 3 heavy baking sheets in the oven to heat and preheat the grill to its highest setting.
- Place the naan on the hot baking sheets and bake for 3-4 minutes or until fluffy.
- Remove the naan from the oven and place under the hot grill for a few seconds or until the top of each naan brown slightly.
- Wrap the cooked naan in a dish towel to keep hot while you roll out and cook the remaining naan. Brush with melted ghee or butter and serve.