Egg omelet is an easy and quick recipe for an egg. All that you need is – raw eggs, little finely chopped onion, green chili, and salt to taste. Then cook it on a non-stick pan with little oil. Done, it is ready to eat.
Anyone can cook this recipe. But if you are going to cook it for the first time, then you are in the right place!
In this page, you will get step by step guide to cook your first simple egg omelet.
Egg Omelet Recipe
- 2 pieces egg (अंडा)
- 1/4 pieces onion (प्याज) finely chopped
- 1-2 pieces green chilies (हरी मिर्च) finely chopped
- 1/4 pieces tomato (टमाटर) finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर) or to taste
- 1 tablespoon milk (दूध)
- oil (तेल) to fry
Preparation for an egg omelet
- Before you start cooking your omelet, peel the skin of an onion and wash it gently running water then pat it with a cotton cloth to dry.
- Take one-fourth piece of onion, and slice it finely.
- Wash 1-2 pieces of green chili under running water. Pluck and discard the stalk of green chili. Then finely chop it.
- Similarly, wash a tomato and finely chop it.
- Wash and clean fresh coriander leaves. Cut and discard its roots and stiff stems. Then do chop the leaves finely.
How to crack an egg
- To crack an egg - Hold the raw egg between your thumb and index finger over a large mixing blow.
- Take a knife in the other hand and tap this knife on the center of the raw egg with gentle, yet light pressure. And let the eggshell crack.
- Now apply light pressure with your thumbs of both hands on this crack and separate the shell halves. The egg white and the yolk drops in the bowl.
- Repeat the above steps to crack the other egg.
- Check for any small piece of the shell in the bowl. If found, pick it with a spoon, and discard them.
How to Make Egg Omelet
- Add all the chopped veggies along with salt to taste & chili powder in the egg.
- Whisk it using a wire-whisk. Or whisk and mix it with a spoon.
- Whisk the mixture until it gets foamed.
Cooking simple egg omelet
- For cooking the omelet, keep a non-stick pan over medium flame and add 1 tablespoon on oil in it.
- Let the oil warm-up, until it starts smoking. Immediately add the egg mixture in the hot pan and spread it evenly.
- Allow it to cook until its edge leaves the pan. Put a ladle under the omelet and lift it lightly. This will help to shift the extra liquid on the top to move down and get cooked.
- Let it cook, until the bottom turns light golden. Again shift ladle under the omelet, lift it gently and flip it over, to cook from the other side too.
- Allow this side to cook, but do not wait for it to turn golden. Rather cook it until it solidifies, and you see light golden spots on it.
- Immediately switch off the flame and transfer your omelet on a plate.
- Eat it as is or Eat it with toasted bread, plain paratha or chapati.