Deviled Eggs Recipe
No family celebration or picnic is complete without stuffed or deviled eggs. Although an easy recipe, these stuffed eggs are delicious and simple to create for big gatherings.
Servings: 8 deviled eggs
- 4 pieces egg (अंडा) hard-boiled
- 1 tablespoon oil (तेल) or Ghee
- 1 tablespoon onion (प्याज) chopped
- 3 tablespoon minced mutton (बकरे के मांस का कीमा) cooked
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1 piece green chilies (हरी मिर्च) chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger (बारीक़ कटा हुआ अदरक)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste (टमाटर का पेस्ट)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour/corn starch (छिलका रहित मक्के के दाने का आटा) or corn starch
- 1 piece egg (अंडा) beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (नींबू का रस)
- bread crumbs (डबल रोटी का चूरा) for coating
- 12 pieces liver (कलेजी) (fried) for garnishing
- oil (तेल) for deep-frying
How to Make Stuffed Eggs
- Heat the oil or ghee in a frying pan and fry the onions till golden.
- Add the meat, salt, chili, coriander, ginger, tomato paste, and lemon juice and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the shell and cut the hard-boiled eggs into half lengthwise.
- Take out the yolks and add to the frying mixture.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Stir the cornflour into the beaten egg, making a batter.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a flat dish.
- Fill the meat mixture into the yolk cavity (hole from where the yolk is separated) of each egg half, cover with another half to make complete egg shapes.
- Dip the stuffed egg into the egg and cornflour batter and roll over the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a kadhai or deep-frying pan over a moderate heat and fry the stuffed eggs until golden all over.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel
- Serve garnished with fried liver, coriander leaves, and with chutney or sauce.