Coconut Chicken Curry Recipe
Coconut Chicken Curry created with a rich coconut creamy sauce and chicken. This fast and simple 1 Pan coconut chicken curry will soon become a favorite in your house after one attempt. It's simple to create, delicious, and even children's love it!
Servings: 4 People
- 1/4 cup cashew nut (काजू) whole unsalted
- 500 grams boneless chicken breast (बिना हड्डी का मुर्ग़े का सीना) skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (वनस्पति तेल)
- 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds (काली सरसों)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (करी पाउडर)
- 1 piece onion (प्याज) medium size thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger (अदरक) finely grated
- 1 piece garlic cloves (लहसुन का लौंग) minced
- 1.75 cups coconut milk (नारियल का दूध)
- 1/4 cup green peas (हरा मटर)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the cashews in a pie plate and bake for 5 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly toasted. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt. In a large, deep skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil until smoking.
- Add the chicken and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and reduce the heat to moderate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat until smoking. Add the mustard seeds and cook for about 1 minute, or until they stop popping. Add the cumin seeds, coriander and curry powder, and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic, and cook until the onion softens, about 10 minutes; if the mixture seems dry, add up to 1/4 cup of water to prevent sticking.
- Stir in the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the coconut chicken curry to a bowl, sprinkle with the cilantro and cashews and serve.