Chicken Vindaloo Recipe
Chicken Vindaloo is a Portugal influenced Goa dish contains a fusion of chicken, garlic, red chilies, vinegar and different Indian spices. This authentic chicken vindaloo recipe is tangy, sweet and hot curry with gravy. A dish that stimulates one's appetite with its delicious and addictive flavour.
Servings: 4 People
- 1.5 kilogram chicken (मुर्गे का माँस)
- 2 pieces onion (प्याज) large size
- 6 pieces garlic cloves (लहसुन का लौंग)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder (सरसों का पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (अदरक का पेस्ट)
- 1 piece cinnamon stick (दालचीनी) crumbled
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर) or to taste
- 2 teaspoon cumin powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 6 pieces cloves (लौंग)
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar (सफेद सिरका)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (ब्राउन शुगर)
- 90 grams clarified butter (घी)
How to Make Chicken Vindaloo
- Roughly chop 1 onion, combine in a blender or food processor with garlic, mustard, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, chilli, cumin, cloves, cinegar and sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Combine chicken in a bowl with spice mixture. Marinate for atleast 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Slice remaining onion. Melt ghee in a saucepan and sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces. Reduce heat to low, cover, simmer for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender, stirring occasionally.