Chicken Malai Curry
The Chicken Malai Curry recipe is a mouth watering chicken formula that's endemic to India. The wealthy flavor of coconut in a curry mixture spiced with chicken to form tasteful chicken malai curry. It may be served with naan, roti or paratha or plain rice.
Servings: 6 People
for marination of chicken
- 500 gram chicken (मुर्गे का माँस)
- 4 tablespoon hung thick curd (लटका गाढ़ा दही)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste (अदरक का पेस्ट)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (लहसून का पेस्ट) crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (नमक)
- 2 piece onion (प्याज) medium size
- 1 piece tomato (टमाटर) medium size
- 4 tablespoon refined oil (रिफाइंड तेल)
- 1 teaspoon black cumin seeds (शाह जीरा)
- 1 piece black cardamom (बडी इलायची)
- 4 pieces green cardamom (छोटी इलायची)
- 1 inch cinnamon stick (दालचीनी)
- 2 piece bay leaf (तेज पत्ता)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (अदरक का पेस्ट)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste (लहसून का पेस्ट)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- sugar to taste (स्वाद के लिए चीनी)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (नारियल का दूध)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (पोस्ता)
- 4-5 pieces cashew nut (काजू)
- 2 pieces almond (बादाम)
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water (गुनगुना पानी)
- 1 piece chopped green chili (कटा हुआ हरी मिर्च)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder (गरम मसाला पाउडर)
- 1 cup water (पानी)
- 2 tablespoon fresh cream (ताजा क्रीम)
to marinate chicken
- Mix curd, ginger paste, garlic paste and salt in a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces and mix well, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap well, then keep in refrigerator for up to 3-4 hours for marination.
to prepare curry
- Chop the onion. Then move the chopped onions to a mixer jar and grind to a fine paste and keep it aside in bowl.
- Chop the tomato. Then move the chopped tomato to a mixer jar and grind to a make tomato puree.
- Blanch the almond. Soak the poppy seed, blanched almond along cashew nut in a bowl for around 10 minutes in lukewarm water. Then move it to a mixer jar and grind to a make paste. Keep the paste ready to use later.
How to Make Chicken Malai Curry
- Heat 4 tablespoon of refined oil on medium flame in a pan, when oil is sufficiently hot add black cumin followed by black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Immediately add chopped green chili then onion paste to the pan. Fry onion paste until onion turns light brown.
- Turn the flame to low and add ginger paste, garlic paste, coriander powder along with salt and fry it for 5 minutes stirring gently. Then add tomato puree and fry until oil starts separating.
- Now, add marinated chicken along with the marinade to the spices mix well and cover the pan with a lid. Cook it for around 15 minutes, stirring occasionally after every 3-4 minutes in low heat then covering the pan again till the chicken is slightly browned and oil leaves sides.
- Now, add paste of poppy seeds, cashew nut and almond prepared earlier then add garam masala and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Now add coconut milk and cook for another 2 minutes. Add sugar to as per your taste. Adjust water if you want a thick or thin gravy and cook it till gravy starts boiling.
- Spread fresh cream over the recipe. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- The chicken malai curry is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot with chapati or naan.