Chicken Korma is a traditional Indian dish that’s light-weight and has flavors of almond curry made with tomato paste, many spices and Cream that's buttery and utterly delicious. It can be served along with both rice and roti.
Servings: 2 People
- 400 gram chicken breast (मुर्ग़े का सीना) chopped in big pieces
- 1 tablespoon almonds ground (पिसा हुआ बादाम)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (नींबू का रस)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (लहसून का पेस्ट)
- 2-3 tablespoon clarified butter (घी) or Oil
- 1 piece onion (प्याज) medium size chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 3/4 cup curd (दही)
- 2 pieces green chilies (हरी मिर्च)
- 4 pieces black cardamom (बडी इलायची)
- 3 pieces cloves (लौंग)
- 2 pieces cinnamon stick (दालचीनी)
- 1 pieces bay leaf (तेज पत्ता)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder (गरम मसाला पाउडर)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted chopped almonds (भुना तथा कटा हुआ बादाम)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
How to Make Chicken Korma
- Marinate the chicken pieces with lemon juice, pinch of salt, black pepper and garlic paste. Rub the mixture thoroughly to the pieces and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat the oil/ghee and when it is medium hot add the chopped onions and turmeric.
- Fry till the onions are light golden and then take them out and keep aside. Leave the oil behind for further use.
- In a mixer make a fine paste of fried onions, curd, almonds, green chillies. Pour this mixture on the marinated chicken pieces.
- Now reheat the oil in the pan on medium flame and then add cardammom, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf. Stir them for 30 secs and then add the marinated chicken along with leftover paste.
- Let the chicken cook on low flame while stirring occasionally till it boils. Then cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer till the chicken is cooked properly.
- Finally add garam masala and chopped green coriander.
- Add the salt according to taste and garnish with roasted almonds and some cream