Chicken Keema is a delicious chicken recipe. We call Minced meat as Keema or Qeema. Thus Chicken Keema is a Minced Chicken recipe like curry.
You can fill this recipe in your Samosa to prepare Chicken Samosa. I use to fill it in Chicken Sandwich, Chicken Patties, Chicken Rolls, and many more. I also prepare Chicken Cutlets and Chicken Balls with it. My Son also loves Spring Rolls that I prepare with this recipe. You can also have this recipe with Chapati, Plain Paratha, Naan, Missi Roti, or any Indian Flat Bread.
You can also have it with steamed rice if you turn it into the curry. To do so, add little extra water or chicken stock then simmer it on low heat. But I love preparing the soft dry curry.
You can easily find the frozen minced chicken in the store. Butchers also easily do it for you. But if you are planning to prepare Chicken Keema recipe and you have chicken pieces with you instead of minced chicken. You also can prepare it immediately at home.
How to prepare Chicken Keema at Home
To prepare minced chicken at home all you need is Cutting board, cleaver or chef’s knife, food processor.
- Firstly wash and clean the chicken pieces. Pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
- Cut the flesh away from the bones. Then Chop the chicken flesh into 2-inch cubes. Do it as uniform size as possible.
- Put a handful of the chicken flesh into the food processor. Pulse the chicken in small bursts, until the pieces come to mince. You can make either coarse or fine, depending on your preference.
- Repeat with any remaining chicken flesh.
Working in small batches ensures an even mince. Thus I will recommend doing so.
This is very quick and easy to prepare Chicken Keema at home. Here is the Easy Chicken Keema recipe. Garnish it with hard-boiled eggs and enjoy as you wish.
Chicken Keema And Egg Recipe
- 1 cup minced chicken (चिकन का कीमा)
- 2 tablespoon oil (तेल)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (लहसुन) chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger (अदरक) chopped
- 1 piece onion (प्याज) small size chopped
- 2 pieces chopped tomato (कटा हुआ टमाटर)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (जीरा पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon Thai curry paste (थाई करी पेस्ट) red
- 8-10 pieces curry leaves (करी पत्ते)
- 2 tablespoon Hot-n-Sweet tomato sauce (हॉट न स्वीट टमाटर सॉस)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard paste (सरसों का पेस्ट)
- 4 pieces hard-boiled egg (पूरी तरह उबले अंडे)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1 piece double fried egg (तला हुआ अंडा) for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves (ताजा धनिया पत्ती) for garnishing
How to Make Chicken Keema
- Heat, oil, saute the garlic, ginger, onion, add in tomatoes powdered spices, salt to taste.
- Thai curry paste, curry leaves,
- Add in the keema and saute for a few seconds and add in the hot-n- sweet sauce and mustard paste.
- Simmer the keema for 8-10 minutes on a medium flame.
- Fry the keema on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Add a little water and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Finally, mix in the shredded egg and serve hot garnished with wedges of hard-boiled eggs and chopped coriander.