Chaat Masala Recipe
Gets a distinctive palatable tangy flavor from this chaat masala recipe. Chaat masala is a blend of spices which got this name because it is hard to imagine making Chaat without this Masala! This funky, salty, spicy, and sour spice blend is all you need to transform anything into a chaat.
Servings: 1 Cup
Chaat Masala Ingredents:
- 1 cup coriander seeds (धनिया)
- 1.25 cups cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 1/2 cup carom seeds (अजवाइन)
- 1/2 cup dry mango powder (आमचूर पाउडर)
- 4 teaspoon black pepper (काली मिर्च)
- 2-3 piece whole red chilies (खड़ा लाल मिर्च)
- 1.25 cup black rock salt (काला नमक)
- 1 teaspoon salt (नमक)
Preparation for Chaat Masala:
- Pick and remove debris from coriander seed, cumin seeds and carom seeds.
How to make Chaat Masala
- Heat a frying pan and dry roast cumin and coriander seeds until dark brown.
- Remove from pan and leave to cool.
- Add them in a blender along with black pepper, whole red chilies, whole red chilies, black rock salt, salt and grind to make a smooth powder.
- Store the chaat masala in sun dried, air tight jar for 1 to 2 months.
- Use as and when required.