Butter chicken or murgh makhani is a dish, from the Indian subcontinent, of chicken in a mildly spiced curry sauce. There’s actually not much actual butter in it, but there is a ton of cream which is what makes it so indulgent. It's rich, creamy and addictive.
Serve Butter chicken with rice and/or naan. Enjoy!
- 1PcsTandoori Chicken ( तंदूरी मुर्ग़ा )Cut into medium sized pieces
- 1/2KgsTomato ( टमाटर )
- 100GramsButter ( मक्खन )
- 2tbspTomato Sauce ( टमाटर का सालन )
- 1tbspRed Chili powder ( लाल मिर्च पाउडर )
- 4tbspCashew Nut ( काजू )powdered
- 1tbspSugar ( चीनी )
- 1/2CupWater ( पानी )
- 1PcsBay leaf ( तेज पत्ता )
- 1/2CupFresh Cream ( ताजा क्रीम )Fresh and Thick
Chop the tomatoes.
Now add water and bay leaf and boil for 15 minutes.
Make puree by sieving the mixture. This should be about 2 cups.
In a pan, heat butter and fry the powdered cashew nuts to a golden color.
Reduce heat and add the tomato puree, tomato sauce, chili powder and sugar and while stirring, bring it to a boil.
Cook for 5 minutes and add the chicken pieces.
Cook further for 5 – 7 minutes.
Before serving add thick fresh cream.
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- You may use boneless chicken for roasting, if you so prefer.
- You can use ready tandoori chicken and use the same gravy mix if in a hurry