Bread Roll recipe - bread stuffed with potato filling makes a mouth-watering snack. Crisp and engaging bread roll with green chutney is deal children snack, or a starters, appetizer. This tender delicious snack is created by deep frying bread filled with a spicy potato filling.
Servings: 4 People
- 12 pieces of bread slices (डबल रोटी)
- 2 cups mashed boiled potato (मसला हुआ उबला आलू)
- 1/4 tablespoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर) or Chopped Green Chili
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- ginger-garlic paste (अदरक-लहसुन का पेस्ट)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 2 cups water (पानी)
- oil (तेल) for Deep Fry
How to Make Bread Rolls
- First of all mash the potatoes properly.
- Further mix all the spices and coriander leaves properly.
- Take a wide bowl and pour water in it.
- Dip the bread slices lightly taking care not to soak them in it. The idea is just moist it so that they bind easily.
- Roll the bread slices lightly with a rolling pin.
- Now, divide the potato stuffing into 12 balls.
- Stuff the potato stuffing into the slices and wrap them properly such as to make tennis balls. Take care to bind them so that the stuffing does not come out of the bread.
- Wet your hands lightly, if you find it difficult to bind them.
- Keep them for 5 – 10 min.
- Heat the oil in a pan and deep-fry them till dark orange in color on medium flame.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup / tamarind-date chutney or coriander chutney.