Bombay Chicken Curry
A Bombay chicken curry is an excellent mix of the many fragrant spices. This is a tried and tested recipe, a family favorite. It's simple to create and quite delicious. This makes a fast and easy dinner combination.
Servings: 8 People
- 2 kilogram chicken (मुर्गे का माँस)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (जैतून का तेल)
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar (सफेद सिरका)
- 1.3 cup dry coconut (सूखी नारियल)
- 4 pieces garlic cloves (लहसुन का लौंग) crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder (काली मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger (बारीक़ कटा हुआ अदरक)
- 10 pieces curry leaves (करी पत्ते)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (चीनी)
How to Make Bombay Chicken Curry
- Place chicken pieces in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) of liquid.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add vinegar, coconut, garlic, cumin, turmeric, chili, pepper, ginger and curry leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces, reserved stock and sugar. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, simmer for 15 minutes