Biryani Badshahi Recipe
This is a royal dish is famous for the exotic use of spices, dried fruit and nuts. Mouthwatering royal biryani, yes this Badshahi Biryani is fantastic with aromas, flavorings which will be sparkling off from this dish. If you're searching for a royal dish to dish up special guests, or wish to impress anyone than cook up this mouthwatering royal biryani.
Servings: 4 People
- 1/2 kilogram mutton (बकरे का मांस)
- 250 grams rice parboiled (अधूरा पका चावल)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (नींबू का रस)
- 10 tablespoon almond (बादाम) blanched
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (पुदिना पत्ता)
- 1 cup butter (मक्खन)
- 4 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds (जीरा)
- 2 pieces onion (प्याज) large size, sliced
- 2 pieces black cardamom (बडी इलायची)
- 1 tablespoon oil (तेल)
- 4 pieces garlic cloves (लहसुन का लौंग)
- 2 pieces cloves (लौंग)
- 1 inch ginger (अदरक)
- 1/2 tablespoon saffron (केसर)
- 1/2 tablespoon green chilies (हरी मिर्च)
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick (दालचीनी)
- 1/2 kilogram curd (दही)
- 125 grams milk (दूध)
- 3 cups water (पानी)
- First wash and soak rice.
- Then fry sliced onions to a golden brown color.
- Soak saffron in water.
- Now grind ginger, red chillies, garlic and almonds and fry these in butter.
- Add it to the mutton and salt and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add water and cook onlow flame till meat becomes tender and about 1 cup of gravy is left.
- Boil rice with salt in another pan.
- Put curd into a piece of muslin cloth and let the water drain away.
- Add cloves, cardomoms, cumin seed, mint leaves, chopped chillies and coriander in drained curd.
- Strain the saffron water and add lemon juice.
- Add all this to mutton.
- Sprinkle half of the boiled rice over the mutton and then spread a layer of fried onion and then of rice again.
- Now pour milk and some butter and cover the vessel.
- Seal the edges of the pan with flour paste.
- Place the can on flame for one hour.
- Serve it very hot with some curry.