Bhindi Ka Salan
Bhindi Ka salan is cooked sort of a stew in sweet and sour gravy. Its a tasty hyderabadi style okra curry for rice. Bhindi Ka salan is a easy and delicious bhindi recipe. If you wish a change in your regular style then consider this very good recipe.
Servings: 4 People
- 500 grams ladyfinger (भिन्डी)
- 3 pieces onion (प्याज) medium sized (sliced)
- 1 pieces tomato (टमाटर) - pureed
- 2-3 pieces red chilies (लाल मिर्च) - broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (काली मिर्च)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste (अदरक-लहसुन का पेस्ट)
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds (सरसों)
- 1 teaspoon tamarind pulp (इमली का गुद्दा)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर)
- teaspoon salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- oil (तेल)
How to Make Bhindi Ka Salan
- Wash and dry the bhindi. Cut in two halves and stir fry in little oil. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan with a thick bottom.Add sliced onions and ginger garlic paste. Fry till golden brown.
- Add the pureed tomato and mix well.Cook it till the masala is brown. Remove it and let it cool. Then grind it by adding little water to make a paste and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a wok or kadai and add mustard seeds and peppercorns. Let them splutter. Then add dry red chilies. Now add the onion tomato paste and tamarind pulp and mix well.