Bhature recipe is one amongst the most popular punjabi recipes, it's a fluffy deep-fried bread. Learn how to make bhatura - the famed Indian puffed deep deep-fried bread at home with these straightforward step by step instructions!Bhature is typically eaten up with Chole or Pindi Chana.
Servings: 6 People
- 2 cups refined flour (मैदा)
- 1/2 cup semolina (सूजी)
- 1/2 cup curd (दही)
- 1/2 cup milk (दूध)
- 2 tablespoon oil (तेल) to make dough
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar (चीनी)
- 1 Sachet Eno powder
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- oil (तेल) for Deep Fry
How to Make Bhature Recipe
- Sieve flour and semolina
- Now add Curd, Milk, 2 tbsp Oil, 1/2 tbsp Sugar, Eno powder, salt to taste and make stiff (but not hard) dough.
- Knead properly for at least 5 minutes.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep in a warm place for at least 3 – 4 hours.
- Divide into 8 – 10 round balls.
- Roll them out like big Puris, a bit smaller than chapattis.
- Heat Oil or ghee and deep fry the bhaturas just like Poori.
- Bhaturas take a bit longer time to fry so keep patience .
- Fry till it turns golden
- Take our the bhatura from pan and drain the bhatura on kitchen napkin to remove excess oil.
- Keep going this way for each bhatura
- Serve immediately with Chole.