Aloo chaat or Alu chaat is that the name of a street food originating from the Indian subcontinent. This is a bit spicy, tangy potato chaat recipe with spicy masalas, coriander, and lemon juice. Find all ingredients and technique to cook Aloo Chaat.
Servings: 4 People
- 1/2 kilogram potato (आलू)
- 1/4 tablespoon asafoetida (हींग)
- 2 pieces onion (प्याज) finely chopped
- 1 piece tomato (टमाटर) finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger (अदरक) thinly sliced
- 1-2 pieces green chilies (हरी मिर्च) finely chopped
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala powder (चाट मसाला पाउडर)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves (ताजा काटा हुआ धनिया पत्ती)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (नींबू का रस)
How to make Aloo Chat
- Boil potato in the pressure cooker, peel and cut into bite-size pieces. ( Tip: When boiling potatoes add some salt to the water itself as potatoes absorb salt better this way )
- Heat heavy flat frying pan on medium-high heat, add the oil in to warm frying pan. Place the cubed potatoes on the frying pan and sprinkle the salt over the potatoes.
- Stir fry the potatoes; turn them occasionally until all sides are golden brown.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle asafoetida, Chaat Masala, Lemon Juice and mix well with finely chopped Tomato, thinly sliced Ginger, finely chopped Onion and Chopped fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Aloo Chat is ready to serve