Everyone take drinks in summer to refresh them. In hot summer days, you get recharged after having cold drinks. But nothing is better than Aam Panna. This yellow drink not only satisfies your thirst. But also makes you energetic. As it balances electrolytes in your body.
Aam or Mango is packed with a lot of essential nutrients. It helps in digestion which is a common problem during summer. It heals blood disorders and also is good for your skin.
Aam Panna is a drink prepared from raw mango. These raw mangoes are easily available when the temperature is at its extreme. To prepare Aam Panna we add black salt, cumin powder, sugar or jaggery, and mint leaves.
Nutritional Value of Aam Panna
One glass of Aam Panna contains approximately 180 calories. Aam Panna is rich in vitamins – A, B1, B2, and C. As well as carbohydrates. It also balances essential minerals such as potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, and calcium of your body. Aam Panna is also a very good source of iron.
This whole combination is perfectly designed to combat the heat. As told while the mangoes help digestion, the black salt improves its efficiency. Cumin powder improves its taste and turns it into a tasty Aam Panna Recipe. And you all know mint is a natural coolant.
How to Prepare Aam Panna Recipe
We usually prepare the Aam Panna Recipe by boiling the raw mangoes in water. Another method of preparing this recipe is to roast the raw mangoes over an open fire. Steaming or boiling mangoes is the easiest process to make Aam Panna at home. So, in this recipe, I have adopted the same.
If you want you can roast the raw mangoes over an open fire. This is also the traditional way of preparing Aam Panna. To do this roast the mangoes till the pulp gets cooked and softens. When it is done, remove the pulp from the skin with the help of a spoon and mix it with sugar or jaggery.
The flavor of Aam Panna prepared from roasted mangoes is much different than that done with boiling or steaming. Though both the recipes have their unique taste. You can choose the method as per your ease.
When it comes to taste. The sweetener added while preparing Aam Panna also makes the difference. You can prepare Aam Panna recipe with sugar, brown sugar, jaggery, or evaporated sugar cane juice. All these recipes give their own blend of flavor.
Tips for Making Mango Panna
To prepare Mango Panna at home always use green raw Mango. Green Mangoes that are tart or sour in taste are perfect for Aam Panna.
Prior to cooking mangoes wash and clean them in water very well. This will remove any pesticide residue from its skin.
Though you can use fibrous mangoes also. But if you avoid them you will get more pulp. Which will give a large volume of Aam Panna Concentrate than that of using fibrous mangoes. Less fibrous mangoes also provide a smooth drink.
The amount of sweetener required depends on the taste of the mangoes you are using. Thus add accordingly.
I prefer using mint leaves as it is a natural coolant. But if you prefer you can replace it with fresh coriander leaves too. You can also use your preferred herbs to further improve the taste.
If the mangoes you are using is too fibrous. Then you can also strain your Aam Panna drink.
Aam Panna Recipe
- 3 piece of raw mango (कच्चे आम) medium size
- 1 cup sugar (चीनी)
- 1 tablespoon roasted cumin seed's powder (भुना हुआ जीरा पाउडर)
- black salt to taste (काला नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- salt to taste (नमक स्वाद अनुसार)
- 2 cup water (पानी)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (पुदीना पत्ता)
- ice-cubes (बर्फ के टुकड़े) - as required
How to make Aam Panna
- Place the raw mangoes along with water in a sauce-pan and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Then remove from flame.
- Alternately you can also pressure cook the mangoes with water, till it becomes soft.
- Let them cool and then peel the mangoes and get the pulp with the help of a spoon. Grind mango pulp in the mixer along with water to get a smooth paste.
- Transfer the mango pulp paste in a pan, add sugar and let it cook on flame till the sugar dissolves completely. Stir continuously otherwise the mixture will get burnt.
- Remove from fire and add roasted cumin powder, black salt, and salt.
- Let this mixture cool down properly.
- Your Aam Panna Concentrate is ready for preparing Aam Panna Drink
To make a drink
- To make the drink take a tall glass. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoon of the Aam Panna Concentrate into it. Then add chilled water until 3/4th.
- Mix it well with the help of a spoon. Now add finely chopped mint and crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Preparing Aam Panna takes around 40 minutes of time. But once you have prepared the Aam Panna concentrate. You and store it in a glass bottle and use it when required. With this concentrate of Aam Panna, you can prepare instant Aam Panna drink.